Victor Ortiz Pleads NOT Guilty

Victor Ortiz Pleads NOT Guilty to 3 Felony Sexual Assault Charges

Wait, What? Victor Ortiz Plead NOT GUILTY?

Former WBC welterweight titleholder Victor Ortiz pleaded not guilty Wednesday to three felony sexual assault charges in connection with an incident in Oxnard, California.

We previously reported that Victor Ortiz was arrested in September on sexual assault charges stemming from the March 19 alleged assault. Continue on for all the details…

Victor Ortiz Pleads NOT Guilty to 3 Felony Sexual Assault ChargesCelebNSports247.com reports on Wednesday Victor stood beside his defense attorney, Mark Pachowicz, as the lawyer entered the not-guilty plea on Ortiz’s behalf.

Mark Pachowicz did not comment on the case to a throng of news reporters outside the courtroom but later told The Ventura County Star. Vitor’s attorney stated that the hearing signals the beginning of his legal team’s inquiry into the allegations.

He said:

We entered our plea of not guilty, and we’re going to begin our work and our investigation to get to the bottom of this.

To recap:

Victor Ortiz, 31, was arrested in connection with a warrant issued in the case on Sept. 25. He turned himself into deputies in Thousand Oaks.

The boxer was booked into Ventura County jail but posted a $100,000 bond and was released the same day.

What do you think about his attorney pleading NOT guilty on behalf of Victor Ortiz?

Do you think Victor Ortiz is guilty or not guilty?

No matter what at this point it will all play out in a court of law now.

The Oxnard Police Department investigated the assault reported by a woman on March 19. The woman told police she was assaulted inside an Oxnard residence, police said. Ortiz was arrested in connection with a warrant issued in the case on September 25, 2018.

In addition, supervising senior deputy district attorney Brent Nibecker, who oversees the Ventura County District Attorney’s Office’s Sexual Assault Family Protection Unit, would not reveal any details of the case or the relationship between Ortiz and the alleged victim.

The goal was to protect the identity of the victim and Ortiz’s right to a fair trial, Nibecker said.

Bottom line, if convicted, Ortiz faces a maximum sentence of 24 years in state prison, Nibecker said. Ortiz is scheduled to return to court for an early disposition conference on Dec. 3. – USA Today

About the author

OchoBrinco

OBDaKid #CelebsAreCool #ShakenNotStirredNews To The Point and off the riff The Kid brings it...