David Ortiz is back in Boston to receive treatment at the Massachusetts General Hospital.
On Sunday, David Ortiz was shot in the back while sitting and talking to friends at a club in the Dominican Republic. Read on to get more details on David Ortiz transported to Boston Hospital…
CelebNSports247.com reports that a police escort led the Red Socks slugger David Ortiz’s ambulance to the hospital after taking a medical air ambulance back to the States.
The flight, organized by the Boston Red Sox, is approximately 4 hours and doctors in the D.R. and in Boston have agreed that Ortiz is stable enough to make the journey. David Ortiz has left the hospital in Santo Domingo and is en route to the airport to fly to Boston.
— Shaun Chaiyabhat (@ShaunWCVB) June 11, 2019
Ortiz shooter identity is still a mystery – he is still on the lam, according to officials. As for, motive, it is still unknown why they attempted to kill the MLB legend.
— Maria Stephanos (@mariastephanos) June 10, 2019
Here is the breakdown of the events to move Ortiz from Santa Domingo to Boston:
- David Ortiz’s father, Leo Ortiz, is speaking with reporters in the D.R. — saying he wants to thank the doctors for “saving my son’s life.”
- Leo said David WILL be transported to Boston — and explained that David’s personal doctors and his wife live in Massachusetts.
- David’s doctor said the surgery was successful — noting the bullet struck the liver, the small and large intestines. He says Ortiz’s gall bladder was removed to make space to treat the affected organs.
- David Ortiz has left the hospital in Santo Domingo and is en route to the airport to fly to Boston.
- Officials in the Dominican Republic say they believe the man they have in custody was NOT the shooter, but rather the getaway driver.