Former NFL Safety Darren Sharper Eligible For Parole In 2024!
According to Orleans DA, Darren Sharper will be eligible for parole in 2024, must undergo intensive sexual counseling…
Ex-NFL player Darren Sharper has reached a settlement with three women accusing him of drugging and sexually assaulting them back in 2014. https://t.co/xWwRtlnsVN
— TMZ Sports (@TMZ_Sports) June 8, 2022
CelebNSports247.com reports Darren Sharper has reached a settlement with three women who accused him of drugging and sexually assaulting them in 2014.
If you recall, The former NFL safety, who is serving 20 years in prison for his actions involving two women, including one of the three plaintiffs, had a lawsuit filed against him in 2015 where his victims alleged Sharper drugged and sexually assaulted them after meeting at a nightclub in West Hollywood on January 14, 2014.
Sharper pled guilty and was handed a 20-year sentence in 2016. He is currently serving at the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in Sacramento.
The 46-year-old former NFL player was given credit for 2,017 days already served. His sentence is running concurrently with a roughly 18-year prison term he is already serving for similar crimes in Louisiana, along with prison sentences handed down in Nevada and Arizona.
Having agreed to plead either guilty or no contest to raping or attempting to rape nine women in four states, former Saints safety Darren Sharper will serve about nine more years in prison and will be eligible for parole in about 2024, Orleans Parish District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro said Wednesday.
After three to five years of supervised release in California, during which he will have to undergo “intensive sexual counseling,” Sharper, 39, will spend the rest of his life on parole under supervision of authorities in Arizona, Cannizzaro told WWL-TV in his first on-the-record comments detailing the particulars of a “global” plea deal the ex-NFL star struck last month to resolve all of the cases against him.
Cannizzaro said his office has discussed the sentence with the three women Sharper was charged with raping in New Orleans.
“Look, certainly, they would like to see a greater sentence imposed. I understand that, and we have discussed that with them,” the DA said.
“But for all intents and purposes, these victims have been vindicated — they were in fact the victims of this man’s sexual assaults. They were not doing this for any financial gain, but simply they wanted to come forward and let the community know, ‘This guy violated us,’ and he is going to walk into the courtroom and plead guilty to those violations.”
It was widely expected that Sharper would plead guilty to the charges brought against him by Cannizzaro’s office at a court hearing Tuesday. However, Criminal District Court Judge Karen Herman postponed the hearing until June 15. Herman said she wanted related charges Sharper is facing in federal court in New Orleans to be resolved before the state case is wrapped up.
Speculation ensued that perhaps a wrench had been thrown into the plea deal, but Cannizzaro on Wednesday denied that.
“I have no indication (Sharper) is not willing to go forward with the plea deal” in either federal or state court in New Orleans, said Cannizzaro, who spoke with the defendant’s lawyers on Tuesday.